OPSEU membership comes with dues that are among the very lowest in the country. We do more for you – for less. Our dues are 1.375% of your gross salary.
There are no initiation fees, dues are 100% tax deductible and you do not pay any union dues until you have bargained your first collective agreement.
The simple math, for every $1000.00 you earn your dues are just $13.75.
A small price to pay and here’s what you get in return:
- Have your pay reflect your skills, experience and contributions
- Improved benefits & workload
- Greater job security
- Protections from being fired without just cause
- Ensure a safer and healthier workplace
- Allows you more say in the shifts and days you work
- Protections from discrimination, harassment and violence
- Provide fairness and transparency in hiring and promotions
In addition, OPSEU members also enjoy the following attractive discounts and special rates
- OPSEU Group, Home, Auto and Travel Insurance
- Baka Wireless and Bell Mobility (significantly reduced mobile devices and exclusive rate plans)
- CAA special offers
- Personal Liability Insurance ($1,000,000.00 for as low as $30.00)
- Park’n Fly Discounts
- Ontario Science Centre Discounts
- Fallsview Indoor Water Park Special Packages
- Via Rail Discounts
- Royal Ontario Museum Discounts
- Toronto FC Discount Tickets
- Omnimax Theatre Discount Tickets
OPSEU dues are calculated at 1.375 per cent of all wage income, wage allowances and lump sum payments. View a chart which shows weekly OPSEU union dues calculated at $10 intervals.
Dues are completely tax deductible.