HOW TO ENTER: Complete the official electronic entry form on this web page.
1) REQUIREMENTS: Entries must be a maximum of five minutes long. Entries must be
submitted no later than April 15, 2013. Entries must be uploaded to YouTube in
accordance with directions provided by that web link. The YouTube video link
must then be emailed to OPSEUvideo@opseu.org for entry into the contest.
2) SELECTION PROCESS: The Regional OPSEU Executive Board Members will select one
winning entry for their Region. There will be one 1st place, one 2nd place and
one 3rd place entry for each of the seven OPSEU Regions. The OPSEU Executive
Board will select an overall competition winner from the seven regional 1st
place entries. All winners will be selected in OPSEU's sole discretion. The
winning entrants will be notified by telephone and announced at OPSEU Convention
2013. The decisions of the judging panels will be final.
3) PRIZES: Each of the seven winning 1st place entrants will receive a prize of
$500. Each of the seven winning 2nd place entrants will receive a prize of
$300. Each of the seven winning 3rd place entrants will receive a prize of
$200. One further prize of $1000 will be awarded to the overall competition winner.
4) ELIGIBILITY: All entrants must be residents of Ontario and OPSEU members in good standing. Only one entry per applicant is allowed. Employees of OPSEU are not eligible. Entries are subject to verification and may be declared invalid in OPSEU's sole discretion.
5) RELEASES AND CONSENTS: It is the sole responsibility of all entrants to ensure that entries submitted are original works and do not violate any law or agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants specifically warrant and agree that they have obtained any release and consent that may be required of:
a) persons appearing in the entry, or a parent or guardian in the case of persons under 18;
b) owners of personal property featured in the entry; and
c) copyright holders of any images or music included in the entry.
6) COPYRIGHT: Entrants grant to OPSEU, without further compensation, the right in perpetuity to publication, reproduction and full use of entries, including but not limited to publishing on the OPSEU website, presentation at OPSEU Convention and any other purpose.
7) NO RESPONSIBILITY: Entrants release, indemnify and hold harmless OPSEU, their officers, directors, and employees and their affiliates and all of their officers, directors and employees from any claim, loss, expense or other liability which may arise in connection with the competition, the preparation of entries, the content of any entry, as a result of a prize being awarded, or otherwise.
8) PERSONAL INFORMATION: Entrants expressly consent to OPSEU collecting, storing, and using personal information submitted for the purposes of administering the competition, and as necessary for promotion and future use of entries or otherwise in OPSEU’s sole discretion.
9) RIGHT TO CANCEL: OPSEU reserves the right in its sole discretion, to amend competition rules at any time during the competition period or to cancel or suspend the competition.
10) ENTRANTS' AGREEMENT By entering this competition, entrants agree they have read, understood and are legally bound by these rules and the foregoing warranties, consents, waivers, releases, and statements of indemnification.